PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE NOTES IN RED… Thank you
Summer Wednesday Nights
Join us at Dickey Park for Fellowship and Outreach…
- June 27 at 6:30pm
- 6:30-7:30pm- set up, fellowship and outreach
- 7:30-8:00pm- preaching, follow up, and clean up
- July 25 at 6:30pm
- August 29 at 6:30pm
Important detail and prayer request:
- Tomorrow’s event will be our first bilingual outreach. Please pray for God to be glorified as Bro Jose translates as Pastor David preaches in the open air. Pray that we will engage lost people and for God’s blessing as we attempt to proclaim the law and Gospel to all who have ears to hear, regardless of their language. Be prepared to hand out tracts and bibles.
Hotdogs, drinks, ice, and paper goods will be provided. Please bring chips and cookies/brownies.
Ladies’ Summer Bible Study
Thursdays (Beginning 6/7)
7-8pm at the church
taught by Sister JoAnn
One of the prophecies about the coming Messiah penned by Isaiah was that He would teach in parables. Parables are designed to encapsulate spiritual truths too profound for us to grasp through mere reason. Jesus taught the crowds who followed Him in over 40 parables, intended to help us know the nature and character of God.
Every Thursday this summer, starting June 7, we’ll be studying the parables of Jesus. The class is from 7 to 8 p.m. at Fresh Spring Baptist Church.
- No previous Bible study experience is needed.
- Each class is a lesson unto itself so you don’t have to worry if you miss a class or two.
- Sorry, no childcare available.
9th Anniversary Event
June 29 – July 1
“A Call for Discernment” Seminar
Special Guest: Justin Peters
- Friday and Saturday 7:00pm
- Sunday 5:00pm and 7:00pm
- Pray. Pray for God to be glorified and for eyes to be opened to the the tragic apostasy of the wolves of the Word of Faith movement. Pray that the gospel is clearly proclaimed and that it would be received by many. Pray that this is a great time of feasting together as we celebrate 9 years of fellowship.
- The format for this weekend’s event will be in the form of a 4 session seminar. It will not operate like a traditional worship service. Bring your pen and paper and be prepared to learn a lot.
- We have never had total strangers RSVP for our events by way of facebook etc, or had much participation from other churches in our events (except for BBT, God bless them) however, this event has generated enough interest that we have guests joining us and even signing up for Potluck items. Be prepared to receive these guests and to fellowship alongside other discerning believers.
- The admission for this seminar is free, however, we will be taking up a love offering nightly both to bless Justin with an honorarium and to cover his travel and lodging. He has made no request for any specific honorarium and has obligated us in no way. By car, he is traveling 500 miles from Edmond, Oklahoma and will be staying at the La Quinta on HWY35 in order to meet his ADA needs. We will also be providing his meals throughout the weekend. This event will be a blessing to all who attend and to our guests that we invite. Please come prepared to give in provision for these needs. If you would like to sponsor some mileage, a night of hotel expense, or other specific means of giving please contact me or Wendy for details.
- Please sign up for the potluck meal at the links below or reply to this email with your wares. Please bring extra to provide for any guests that we may have.
- I am working this week on controlling the light in our sanctuary (shades, curtains, tint, something) in order for the video segments to be higher quality. I am also working on broadcasting audio and video into the nursery and children’s room. Pray these tasks are accomplished quickly and with quality solutions.
Full details and Promo flyer:
RSVP and Potluck list (Please forward and share this link):
Sunday Morning Worship Service
10:30am Corporate Prayer
11:00am Worship Service- John 4
Lord’s Supper at conclusion of service.
July 9th – 13th
Texas Baptist Encampment – Palacios
Campers print and complete your documents here:
- Meeting for campers and their parents following service on July 1st.
- Payment for campers must be paid in full before 7/9 and ALL paperwork filled out completely and turned in.